Join the Marin Sanitary Service Team on Sunday, September, 25th for our Customer Appreciation Day!
We’re thrilled to once again invite our wonderful community and customers to our facilities for an awesome day of activities!
Stop by 535 Jacoby St. between 9am – 2pm for:
- Free Compost Giveaway!
- We’re offering 64 gallons of FREE COMPOST to each of our customers!
- Limit one per household, while supplies last.
- Please bring your own container.
- Please bring an ID or a piece of mail with your Name & Address to show Proof of Residence.
- Compost giveaway is only for MSS Customers.
- Green Cart Composting Classes!
- Learn how to make Composting at home as easy as taking out the trash! Our Recycling Coordinators will provide tips & tricks on how to make the most of your Green Bin service.
- Classes start @ 10am & 12pm.
- Guided Tours of Our Industry Leading Recycling Facilities!
- See how the recyclables you put out on your curb are collected, processed and packaged for reuse! There will be two tours that last approx. 45-mins @ 11am & 1pm. Closed toe shoes are highly recommended.
- Tour groups will be kept to about 50 participants at one time – more tours may be added as needed.
- Groups may also be asked to participate in other activities while they wait for tour guides to return.
- Textile Recycling Drop-Off!
- Recycle for Change will be accepting donations of clean, dry & unwanted pieces of clothing or textiles (tablecloths, bed sheets, drapes, towels etc.) for reuse through their Clothes Collection Program.
- Please bring your textiles in a bag.
- We cannot accept carpet, oily, or paint-covered rags.
- For more information visit recycleforchange.org.
- Meet Local Community Organizations!
- Local organizations working towards creating a cleaner and greener Marin will be hosting tables with educational materials, demonstrations and opportunities to get involved.
This event will be outdoors – guests can wear a mask at their own discretion during their visit to ensure maximum safety for all staff and visitors. We hope to see you there!