Updated May, 2021
General Marin Sanitary Service Information
Where can I find updates about MSS and policies on COVID-19?
- You can see the News section of our website, and follow us on social media. We’re on Facebook and Instagram.
Is the MSS office open?
- MSS in-person payment centers are now open during business hours.
How can I get my questions answered?
Collection Service Information
How can I help protect the drivers?
- Please place your carts out properly so they can remain inside their trucks. This means you place the carts on the curb 2 feet from each other, at least 5 feet from any obstacles (parked cars etc.) and with overhead clearance.
- Please ensure carts are not overfilled and that lids close completely.
Are you doing Bulky Item Pick-ups?
- As of May, we have resumed doing bulky item pick-ups. Please call us to schedule a bulky item pick-up.
Are you doing document shredding?
- Yes, we have resumed mobile and in-person shredding services. For more information, visit the Document Shredding page
How can I sort my waste while I’m at home?
Information about Marin Recycling and Marin Resource Recovery
Is the Recycling Center open?
- The Recycling Center is still sorting material, but our Buyback and Recycling Center is currently closed to the public.
- In-person tours have also been suspended, but you can take our virtual tour.
Is Marin Resource Recovery open?
- The indoor dump is still open as an essential service for drop-off. We are open 8am – 4pm Monday – Saturday and from 9am – 4pm on Sundays.
Is Household Hazardous Waste still taking material?
- The Marin Household Hazardous Waste Facility is open for residential drop-offs from 8am – 3:30pm Tuesday – Saturday (Novato residents must use the Novato facility). We are only scheduling commercial drop-offs for essential businesses at this time.