Updated June 22, 2020
- 43 employees have tested positive over the last two weeks with the majority coming from our Marin Resource Recovery Facility.
- Marin County Deputy Health Officer and other County Health officials visited the site Friday.
- County officials reported that they were very pleased with the efforts in place to protect employee and public health. They were not concerned about our facility being at risk for infecting others.
- They felt that much of the infection was most likely due to some recent spikes in infection throughout the community.
- The community should not be concerned about infection from our drivers. The majority of infections were at the facility here, not among the drivers or other public facing employees.
- Any employees who have tested positive are quarantined for 10 days and exhibit no symptoms for the last 3 days of the quarantine. Only then are they allowed back to work.
General Marin Sanitary Service Information
Where can I find updates about MSS and policies on COVID-19?
- You can see the News section of our website, and follow us on social media. We’re on Facebook and Instagram.
Is the MSS office open?
- Our in-person payment center and office is currently closed to the public. Our customer service representatives will continue to answer inquiries from our customers by phone or email.
How can I get my questions answered?
Collection Service Information
How can I help protect the drivers?
- Please place your carts out properly so they can remain inside their trucks. This means you place the carts on the curb 2 feet from each other, at least 5 feet from any obstacles (parked cars etc.) and with overhead clearance.
- Please ensure carts are not overfilled and that lids close completely.
Are you doing Bulky Item Pick-ups?
- As of May, we have resumed doing bulky item pick-ups. Please call us to schedule a bulky item pick-up.
Are you doing document shredding?
- Yes, we have resumed mobile and in-person shredding services. For more information, visit the Document Shredding page
How can I sort my waste while I’m at home?
Information about Marin Recycling and Marin Resource Recovery
Is the Recycling Center open?
- The Recycling Center is still sorting material, but our Buyback and Recycling Center is currently closed to the public.
- In-person tours have also been suspended, but you can take our virtual tour.
Is Marin Resource Recovery open?
- The indoor dump is still open as an essential service for drop-off. We are open 8am – 4pm Monday – Saturday and from 9am – 4pm on Sundays.
Is Household Hazardous Waste still taking material?
- The Marin Household Hazardous Waste Facility is open for residential drop-offs from 8am – 3:30pm Tuesday – Saturday (Novato residents must use the Novato facility). We are only scheduling commercial drop-offs for essential businesses at this time.